Price: $54 CAD
Size: 0.053 Oz x 12
This palette has been out for a bit now – and I have played with it since. I wanted to use them for a while before doing a proper review on it – so here we go.
The Tartelette palette comes in a sleek gold packaging with pink and purple petal detailing on the top. The packaging looks aesthetically beautiful and is a perfect size. The inside is efficient and pretty with a very good sized mirror. The palette does not come with a brush however I do not usually use the included brushes so it works for me. Overall, the look and feel are great with a practical size that could work for travelling.
The palette comes with 9 matte shades and 3 shimmer shades which range in nude, brown, and maroon. The palette allows for a good number of looks and combinations that you would need for a day or night look. The textures of the shadows are smooth and buttery with a decent colour payoff. Lastly, when I open this palette the shadows smell like chocolate (anyone else? No? just me? Alright…) well I do find this a nice touch. I will break down each shade below but overall, this palette is great for people who mainly use matte shadows and just add a bit of shimmer for a highlight.
- Charmer (matte): is the highlight/lightest shade in the palette. It has a medium-high colour payoff and buttery feel. The colour is a creamy white which does look a little chalky on my skin luckily it does smooth out and blend out nicely.
- Flower child (matte): is a peachy nude that works well as my nude and highlight shade. The colour payoff is high and the texture is very smooth and buttery.
- Funny girl (shimmer): is a champagne tone shimmer and is the only shade I am disappointed about. The shade has a low colour payoff and the only thing that shows up is the glitter and almost looks more like a face highlighter than a shimmer eye shadow. I looked into it and found that many people were having issues with this shade which is unfortunate because it looks like it could look very nice.
- Jetsetter (matte): is a taupe-ish brown which works well as a blending / transition shade. It is smooth and blend-able with a medium colour payoff.
- Smarty pants (matte): is a tan shade that is not quite nude but not quite crease cutting so it is more of a transitional shade that helps you blend colours together. The colour pay off is medium – high and the texture is smooth and buttery.
- Sweetheart (matte): is a muted rose shade that is just the right amount of pink. The shade has a medium colour pay off and works well as a transition shade.
- Rocker (shimmer): is a taupe shimmer which is not deep enough to deepen a crease but it seems to be great as a center lid colour. The colour pay off is high and the texture is buttery and smooth.
- Firecracker (shimmer): is a copper tone that is extremely buttery and smooth. The copper is not too red/orange and sits a little more on a brown side which works well. The shadow has high colour pay off and is extremely buttery and smooth.
- Rebel (matte): is a maroon or brown red shade that could work as both a transition or crease shade. The shadow has a medium – high colour pay off and feels buttery and smooth.
- Smokeshow (matte): is a black brown that is great for cutting a crease and really gives your eyes depth. The shadow is medium – high colour payoff that blends well with the other shades.
- Activist (matte): is a deep brown that has a high colour payoff, however, feels a little dryer to the touch compared to other shades.
- Leader (matte): is a deep brown and has a hint of purple and red. The shadow has a medium colour payoff but is once again a little dry to the touch but smoothes out decently well.
Overall, the palette is has a great selection of wearable colours. I was initially worried about the reddish shades looking a little bruise like but they have a brown undertone which helps to combat that. The textures of a majority of the shadows are creamy and buttery and blend well making them easy to use. I would recommend this palette to those who prefer matte shades over shimmer but still want a few to highlight the eyes.
*Follow my FACEBOOK page for updates, giveaways, and previews.
**Links to the product is provided above if you wish to purchase it. Simply CLICK on the image of the respective item.